“Established in 2017 and based in Avoch at the Sea Scout Centre, the aim of the Black Isle Men’s Shed is to promote the general wellbeing of its members through social engagement with the community and personal activities.”
Some of the reasons to join us include;
- to meet new people and make new friends
- to get the opportunity to work with others
- to put practical skills to good use and also share them with others
- to try something new and learn new skills
- to have the opportunity to support the local community
- to learn about other activities and services in the area
For more information regarding the Men's Sheds movement throughout the UK please click here. (Opens in a new window)
You are most welcome to pop in to the Shed, look around and meet members. It’s now your personal choice as to whether to wear a mask indoors and to socially distance. If you feel uncomfortable please don't hesitate to mention that and your views will be taken into account. For an up to date list of our activities, please refer to the Diary Page where all is explained.
In the meantime perhaps take a few minutes to browse our website to see what the Black Isle Men's Shed (or BIMS as it is usually called) gets up to and if you have any questions then just send us a message using our Message Page.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our activities then feel free to sign up for our Newsletter.
If you would like to apply to become a member of the Black Isle Men's Shed then simply complete the Membership Application Form.